Council Member Mathieu Eugene is a Champion of Parks
- Parks are essential to our communities, they provide open space and recreation opportunities to all members of our community, and as a city council member Mathieu Eugene has been an advocate for our district’s many wonderful parks.
- Council Member Mathieu Eugene provided funding for improvements in Prospect Park, including grills, new turf fields in the parade ground, and a new dog run area where people will be able to bring their dogs for off-leash exercise.
- Council Member Mathieu Eugene provided funding for adult exercise equipment, and other renovations at Wingate Park.
- Council Member Mathieu Eugene worked with local gardeners, advocates, and his colleagues in the City Council to secure funding for New York City to acquire the Maple Street Community Garden, ensuring that this garden will remain available to the community for generations to come.
- Council Member Mathieu Eugene provided $500,000 to renovate the Lt. Federico Narvaez Tot-Lot on the corner of Argyle and Cortelyou Roads and is excited for this heavily used playground to be upgraded so our children can have a safe place to play.
- It is essential to keep our streets and our neighborhoods clean and free of garbage, that is why Council Member Mathieu Eugene has provided funding to install supplemental litter baskets in major pedestrian areas, provide increased street sweeping in Newkirk Plaza, Parkside Plaza, Cortelyou Road, and other commercial areas in District 40