Council Member Mathieu Eugene is committed to serving our young people and ensuring that a quality education, opportunities, and services are available to all of our city’s young people.
- Before he was a city council member, Mathieu Eugene founded and led a community non-profit, Youth for Education and Sports, which provided afterschool programs to thousands of young people in the Flatbush community.
- As a city council member, Mathieu Eugene has fought to restore summer programs to our children, and to double the size of the Summer Youth Employment Program to 70,000 jobs, he has also successfully fought to expand the number of shelter beds available to homeless youth.
- Mathieu Eugene was instrumental in the launch of the city’s first year-round jobs for youth program.
- Council Member Mathieu Eugene has passed important legislation in the city council to help the city provide opportunities to disconnected youth, young people who are neither working nor in school.
- Education is more than academics, which is why Council Member Mathieu Eugene has provided funding for after school arts and sports programs at many District 40 schools.
- Council Member Mathieu Eugene has secured over $11 million to make upgrades at District 40 schools, these projects have included air conditioning in classrooms, technology upgrades, new playgrounds, and more.